Pre-Owned 550 Spyder - Aquamarine Blue - 2180cc January 05 2016
Seduction Motorsports 550 Spyder Outlaw
Year: Pre-owned 2013 (Registered as 1955)
Color: Aquamarine Blue draped with Rolls Royce red leather
Make: 550 Spyder Outlaw
Engine: Mid-engine 2180cc Aircooled Type 1 engine with dual 48 Webers
Transmission: 4-speed manual
Drivetrain: Mid-engine, Rear Wheel Drive
Weight: 1,300 lbs
Chassis: Tubular chassis built to withstand high performance, high torque, stiff racing suspension from US Grade DOM tubing. Hand built, notched, fit using a precise chassis jig then welded all in the USA. Our fabrication team has over 80 combined years of chassis fabrication and manufacturing chassis for race teams. We then had the chassis powder coated a medium gloss black which cleans up very easily and maintains a quality finish. Integrated rear jack points are welded to the rear of the vehicle for quick access when lifting the vehicle in a hurry. You can jack up the vehicle on the sides as well since we use a solid aluminum floor unlike other manufactures which use a fiberglass floor. At the front of the Spyder underneath you will find a quick access panel that can be dropped with 6 bolts which gives you access to the brake/clutch master cylinder, front suspension adjustability, the fuel pump and fuel filters, steering box, and horn. We call this area the service area.
Body: Our concours winning handlaid fiberglass bodies are constructed entirely here in the USA. Body is bonded to the powder coated chassis then the aluminum floor is bonded and bolted to the underside. Our fit and finish, I can say with 110% confidence is the best in the industry. Our fiberglass/body/paint team have over combined years of experience working with fiberglass component cars. These vehicles are bespoke handcrafted pieces of art, not your traditional “kit car”.
Exterior: Aquamarine Blue. Two-stage paint job. Our fit and finish is hands down the best in the replica industry. Headlight, brake light, and turn signal trim are chrome plated as well as the rear engine grilles and remaining exterior accents. The customer added chrome front headlight cover-grilles, they are 100% completely removable to change up the style if preferred.
Interior: Our upholstery comes from the finest upholstery shop in the states, Unique Upholstery in Scottsdale, Arizona. The “Official Upholster of Barrett-Jackson”, and they sure stand up to that title! Rolls Royce red leather seats seamed with red double diamond stitching. Black and red CROW 2-point lap belts to accent these seats as well as a matching rear firewall and middle interior bulkhead step cover. The floors were left raw aluminum however they can easily be carpeted upon request. Premium medium grey carpet was trimmed out and installed on the side kick panels. We chose a Moto-Lita high-polished steering wheel to accent the rest of the polished aluminum accents in the cockpit.
Wheels: Staggered 15x5.5” Wide-5 rear wheels with 15x4.5” Wide-5 front wheels powder coated in cast grey to give an authentic vintage race car appearance then wrapped in Dunlop Signature II tires. Paired nicely behind each wheel are spun aluminum disc brake covers which the current owner had a local machine shop drill to match the original style Spyder drum brakes. Through the wheel they appear to look very close to the original from the factory however are covering a disc brake upgrade. Zinc plated studs are used to secure these 5x205 wheels with zinc plated Porsche lug nuts.
Trim/Accessory Color: Chrome and brushed aluminum interior pieces, chrome plated headlight housings, aluminum rear engine grilles, Brushed aluminum disc brake covers. Full glass windshield with chrome plated trim. Brushed aluminum rear engine bonnet pull lever. Custom replica parking hand brake painted silver to match interior.
Engine: VW aircooled Type 1 - 2180cc engine built by Blackline Racing out of Utah. Ceramic coated grey exhaust with dual Magnaflow mufflers.
Fueling: Custom fitted fuel tank painted in gloss silver.
Transaxle: Rancho 3.44 Pro-Street (Street/race) transaxle. Powdercoated anthracite grey. Billet aluminum HD side plate. All internals built to withstand 300hp. Vintage Spyder solid shift linkage with rear nose cone transaxle mount.Polished aluminum hydraulic clutch slave. Wilwood fluid reservoir.
Brakes: Front and rear disc brakes. Seduction Motorsports -3AN braided brake lines with black transparent smoke PTFE scratch resistant coating. Wilwood front/rear brake reservoirs.
Front Suspension: Bilstein front shocks! Bilstein suspension comes with a lifetime warranty. These are paired with a German dual adjustable front torsion beam. OEM Audi/Porsche German ball joint trailing arms powder coated black. Very comfortable for street driving.
Rear Suspension: Bilstein adjustable ride height coilovers which allow the driver to adjust the ride height up or down with a set of spanner wrenches. These also come with a lifetime warranty. The rear trailing arms are tubular, welded in a jig for precision, then powder coated to match the chassis. All rear suspension hardware is Grade 10.9 and 8.8 zinc plated for durability.
Electrical: Vintage Spyder complete wire harness. Porsche glass fluted headlight lens. Push-start ignition.
Options: Brushed aluminum Seduction Motorsports navigator foot plates installed on passenger side. Custom aluminum center tunnel, riveted aluminum floor plates, custom pedal set, drilled door handles, leather firewall, leather bulkhead cover, tool kit, car cover, black tonneau cover, lightened drilled ignition key, interior footwell plaque, non-functional fuel pumps in driver's side footwell, center windshield post mirror, non-functional front jack points painted silver, rear battery cut-off switch, OMP Racing pedal faces, and brushed aluminum shift knob.
Warranty: Pre-owned, sold as-is.
Features Broken Down:
Body & Chassis:
- Hand-laid fiberglass body, built in the USA
- DOM tubular track-inspection approved steel chassis powdercoated in medium gloss black built in the USA.
- Two stage (base & clear) paint job
- Rear correct engine grille
- Kevlar reinforced ultra-black undercoating sprayed inside engine compartment, trunk, and wheel wells
- Powdercoated front & rear suspension
- Stainless steel 316 hardware
- Functional front brake ducts
- Period correct rear bonnet arches with flat spot for license plate
- Aluminum floor
- Correct lightening holes on interior bulkhead crossover
- Correct oval shaped interior door panels (not “D” shaped like all other replica manufactures)
- Seduction Motorsports billet aluminum dash knobs
- Seduction Motorsports billet aluminum door handle trim bezels
- Seduction Motorsports pedal assembly with aluminum pedal faces
- Seduction Motorsports billet aluminum ignition trim ring
- Original style aluminum Push-to-Start ignition button
- Seduction Motorsports billet aluminum turn signal knob with modified turn signal switch
- Reproduction gauges
- Stainless steel 316 hardware
- Seat sliders with billet aluminum adjuster knobs
- H4 Xenon upgraded headlights
- H4 headlight housings with German parking light
- Original fluted headlight glass w/seals
- Original style front & rear turn signals and lights
- Bilstein front suspension.(Lifetime warranty)
- Bilstein adjustable ride height rear coilover suspension. (Lifetime warranty)
- Wide-5, 4 corner high performance disc brakes
- Wilwood remote reservoirs (clutch fluid and dual brake fluids)
- Premium German ball joints
- Premium German steering box
- Aluminum disc brake skin covers
- 15" Wide-5 (5x205mm bolt pattern) steel wheels (Front: 15"x 4.5") (Rear: 15"x5.5")
- Rear trailing arms
- Polished high performance adjustable Hydraulic clutch slave
- Rancho Pro-Street transaxle w/ 3.44 (or optional 3.88) ring & pinion, powdercoated. Super diff, dual heavy duty aluminum side cover, welded 3-4 hubs, hardened keys
- -6/-8AN fuel return line and in-tank pick up fittings
- Ceramic coated exhaust system with center exit and dual Magnaflow mufflers
- Premium push-lock oil hose with -AN aluminum fittings
- Electronic 12V fuel pump
- Battery cut-off switch
PRICING: Email email@example.com for inquires. Please read the magazine article below wrote about this specific 550 Spyder. This 550 is currently owned by the Manager of Facebook, Joseph Schneider. He is only selling it to make space for a 356 Coupe. This car took home 1st Place in Prototype & Replica Class, Chico Concours d' Elegance 2014.